March Blog

                                                                                                                             March: 6 hours 

                                                                                                                             Semester: 6 hours 

As I am writing my second to last blog, I cannot believe how fast this semester and the year as a whole has gone by. As we move into April, many of our classes are starting to wrap up. I can’t describe how much I have enjoyed this program. I have learned so much and feel like the material we were taught is going to be immensely useful in medical school. Now every time I am watching TV and a drug commercial comes on, I find myself constantly sort of quizzing myself as many of the drugs are ones we have studied this year. As we approach the opening of the next application cycle, things have definitely been busy, but I am excited to see what the future holds for me. I am looking forward to finishing up this semester and taking as much of it in as I can with the limited amount of time left. 

In regards to community service, I was able to get back to the food bank this month a few times. Each time, I volunteered in the community kitchen at Second Harvest. This has been something I have really enjoyed. I first of all, truly enjoy cooking so being in the kitchen preparing these meals has been quite fun. On top of that, the other volunteers with me are always amazing people who truly just want to help. Each time I am there, I am reminded of how large of an impact the food bank has on the state of Louisiana and that no matter how much we do, there is always more work to be done. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Blog

April Blog

September Blog