February Blog

                                                                                                                             February: 0 hours 

                                                                                                                             Semester: 0 

 As I am writing this month's blog, I cannot believe that it is almost March and that we are about half way done with this semester. Overall, the program has been great. Last week, we had the opportunity to participate in another simulation session. This time it revolved around narcotics and other pain medications. Just as last time, I really enjoyed it and felt like it truly helped me better understand the material. Being able to apply what we learn in class to real life situations in the simulation lab greatly helps me master the material better. Rather than just looking over my notes and memorizing the different drugs, relating all of it to real scenarios is so much more beneficial to me. Then as I go through to study, I'm able to remember why this drug is contraindicated for example because of how the patient may react if we were in the ER. Further, the material we have been learning so far this semester has been really interesting. I am excited for the psych module coming up after the break. Dr. Clarkson has been saying all year how it is one of his favorite modules. 

    In regards to my community service, I unfortunately did not get the chance to get much done, but I'm already planning my next session at the food bank. With this week off, I am hoping I can get there and pick up a shift or two.

    As we head into this break, I am definitely ready to relax and catch up on some work. Mardi Gras has been awesome. Not having had it since my junior year in undergrad, it was great to see the parades once again rolling down the streets of New Orleans. The carnival season was greatly missed. With this being the first time experiencing Mardi Gras for some of my classmates, I hope everyone had a blast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Blog

April Blog

September Blog