November Blog

                                                                                                                                   November: 2 hours 

Fall Cumulative: 6 hours

                                                

 

As we enter the last unit of the semester, I cannot believe how fast time has flown by. So far, I have greatly enjoyed the program. These last 4 weeks have really been quite interesting. At the start of the month during the cardiovascular module, we had the chance to participate in a simulation at the med school’s simulation lab. This was an awesome learning experience that in my opinion significantly helped me better understand the material. The CV module was especially dense and at times, remembering all the different drugs was difficult. Though, being able to see how certain drugs affected the body in real-time in the simulation lab made a huge difference. Further, it was cool putting all the information we have learned throughout the year so far into real-life scenarios. It just made me that much more excited to become a physician.  

            On the community service side of things, this month as a class a bunch of us were able to get together and create homemade thanksgiving cards to be sent out to various foster kids. While I must say that arts and crafts are not my strong suit, it was great spending time with everyone in the program making these cards for a truly good cause. I hope that we can all do something similar in the future. 

            While I was not able to get out to the food bank this month, I do plan to continue volunteering with them next month and throughout the year. This is something I truly enjoy and strongly believe in their mission. 

            So far, I have sincerely enjoyed the pharmacology program and am excited to see what the next semester holds. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Blog

April Blog

September Blog